The Heart of Giving

/The Heart of Giving

The Heart of Giving

This is an important time in the life of Officers’ Christian Fellowship as we begin our special ministry emphasis, Extravagant Generosity: The Heart of Giving, to prepare our hearts for the final push to complete the Spring Canyon phase of the OCF Growing and Building Campaign, which we call Spring Canyon Alive! You will not want to miss a single one of the weekly messages, small group studies, daily devotions or member testimonies as we explore and celebrate matters of our hearts. Please join us on this journey!

2017-09-20T09:45:13-06:00 March 9th, 2014|Weekly Messages|7 Comments

7 Comments

1. Mike Tesdahl March 11, 2014 at 8:24 am - Reply

Two things.

First, they are our primary equipping and sending venues, from where we seed the force with new leaders who will draw other Christians into small group fellowships – relationships…in a biblical context.

Second, they are chock full of fun activities for members of all ages and all inclinations. Every morning I wake up to the question: “What are we going to DO today?”

2. Jeff Silliman March 11, 2014 at 10:29 am - Reply

The OCF conference centers are places where we can step back from the everyday world to experence more of God’s kingdom in the beauty of His creation, in His fellowship with other believers and in His word taught faithfully. Spring Canyon and White Sulphur Spring minister all the above to whole families as well as the military member and even to those serving and minstering. I love just being there.

3. Joe Orosz March 11, 2014 at 6:46 pm - Reply

The conference centers are places where you can truly give your wife a blessing: no cooking for a week, programs for the kids and great fellowship with friends and family. She really gets to relax and take a break.

4. Rachel March 12, 2014 at 7:06 am - Reply

I have visited once to Spring Canyon with my family when I was in college. It was absolutely beautiful, and you couldn’t help but relax. BUT, I have grown up attending White Sulphur Springs programs ever since I was in the 5th grade. (Camp Caleb, AO!, Support Team, Weekend Warrior, and Senior Staff) White Sulphur Springs was my second home as we moved around with my Dad’s Army career. The thing I love the most about attending here, is how I have seen it shape my heart toward service. Every chance I could get to come up and help, I would take it. In high school, I remember networking to try and find a ride up during Labor Day and Memorial Day weekend retreats and other weekend retreats, just so I could help serve and provide child care. White Sulphur Springs is a safe place to let down your guard, and see what the Lord wants to teach you. You will look back one day, and see how you’ve grown for the better, as you attend, help and serve. Whether is for one day, a weekend, or a full week GOD WILL MEET YOU HERE!

5. Paul Robyn March 12, 2014 at 10:32 am - Reply

The OCF conference centers have been a blessing to me throughout my life—whether it was on support staff as a high school student at Spring Canyon or over the years through many visits to WSS as a cadet, an officer and now after retirement from active duty. My family and I have been blessed each and every time we’ve spent time at either place…the chance to retreat from the daily routines, enjoy the beautiful atmosphere, fellowship with like-minded believers and focus on what the Lord is saying to you at that moment is priceless.

6. Tami Jassey March 12, 2014 at 3:21 pm - Reply

Hmmm… Spring Canyon… the ponds, the majestic view, the smell of pine trees, watching the children run ahead excitedly to the lodge for meals, night time porch sitting under millions and millions of stars, square dancing with my sons (OK and with my husband), a yummy hot breakfast served in a beautiful warm dinning room on a nippy mountain morning, meaningful conversations, laughter filled conversations, great Bible teaching, lack of electronic devices, the face of child when s/he catches a fish, the face of a grandma when she gets to eat that fish after the kitchen staff has cooked it for her, kayak lounging, white water rafting, white water rafting stories, listening to a child recount the adventures of a morning spent with his/her teacher, the wonderful refreshment of body, mind and spirit when returning to face the real world. Thank you Spring Canyon. We love you.

7. The Nowlins--Scotty, Joelyn, Faith, Christy, Jonathan, and Seth March 17, 2014 at 9:05 pm - Reply

The Home Away From Home. The place we can always come back to, despite the current location of the Nowlin Household, and be loved on and love on others, explore God’s creation, spend time in prayer and together as a family in Christ, and minister with our hands and our hearts and our hugs. Thank you Lord for these Conference Centers and the generations they’ve blessed!